Giant LEGO Brick Sculptures - Memphis Zoo
Visit Memphis Zoo and see Nature Connects LEGO Brick Sculptures by award-winning artist and "professional kid," Sean Kenney. The sculptures are bigger than ever and focused on the plight of endangered wildlife, including the largest sculpture built to date by Sean Kenney, an adult mama polar bear and her cubs, weighing 625 pounds.
These all-new sculptures are a "must-see" event ... and it's all included with your general admission ticket!
- The LEGO name is made from the first two letters of the Danish words "LEG GODT," meaning "play well."
- LEGO bricks were first sold in 1958. A LEGO brick from 1958 will still fit with a current LEGO brick.
- There are 915 million ways to combine six (6) LEGO bricks.
- Sean Kenney has more than five (5) million LEGO pieces.
- The largest sculpture Sean has made weighs 625 pounds. The sculpture is of an adult polar bear and cubs that will be on display at Memphis Zoo in 2019.
- Sean Kenney has more than four (4) tons of LEGO bricks in his Brooklyn studio.
- Sean Kenney does not work for LEGO but he is one of only 15 LEGO Certified Professionals in the world
The event has already taken a place at this date:
see website for details
Included with General Admission to Memphis Zoo.